Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Progress report redeux - part 2

Patty’s harmonic convergence – I was going to use fabric from my stash, but that plan has veered off course a little. I found three purples and a yellow that I thought looked pretty good. After I got home, they didn’t look so hot. The yellow just didn’t pop. The green/orange butterfly print looked much better than the yellow, and now I’m torn with replacing the lightest purple with the orange metallic pumpkin fabric. It is supposed to be a purple quilt after all. I wanted a watercolory look, not a plaid. And then there is the problem of cutting all these 2 yard long strips. Ricky Tims is coming to gr in april, I’m really tempted to go.

Bandit’s blanket – well, now I have yet more doggy fabric, a nice fleece. It would take an hour to make a pillow, I just have to do it.

ng – I really need to start in on this. If I am going to try to do something more than other people’s patterns, I need to make a start on an original pictorial. However fraught with difficult it may be. I need to put myself out there to see if I can really do it. I’ve certainly go enough books on pictorials, it’s not like I’m inventing the wheel from scratch.

So THE PLAN:
1. get it off the computer at work
2. print it, enlarge it, make pattern
3. decide on how to make it – pieced? Freezer paper? Fused?
4. make it
5. quilt it
6. finish it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home