Sunday, October 09, 2005

quilter's block

I am so tired my eyes will not stay focused, so it's a pass on just how clear my thinking is right now. But as to why I'm not making quilts:

1. Laziness - having troubling getting up off the couch. Blame it on the catapres, crappy schedule, just plain lack of ambition, poor work ethic

2. Too ambitious - not really the opposite of number one but that kinda comes from it as part of the problem is just getting started. The quilts I have ideas for but either don't have the techniques for or the planning skills for could fill a book. The star trek quilts, the stargate quilts (more on those later), the camera quilts. Not to mention the regular garden variety traditional ones for babies, friends and family. Oh and katrina quilts. The applique project that is so stalled I'm not even sure where it is right now.

3. Shy - god bless Mary. She opened her home to me, let me remodel it so I could have a sewing room, but she wants to watch and I don't really want an audience. Especially when it isn't going well. I know that sounds so petty, but I can't help it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home