Saturday, December 23, 2006

New year's resolution

I'm not very goal oriented. Never was. I've always just kinda drifted on the small stuff and thought the big stuff was self-explanatory. So I never paid much attention to New Years resolutions. Then I got religion about weight loss and goals were all I could think about. I set them. I reset them. I made them for food intake. I made them for pounds a week (month, quarter, year). I made them for exercise. I joined groups to discuss them, occasionally, very occasionally I reached them. (oneunder is the big one in my weight range 199 being the magic number.)

As it turns out I, i actually seem to do better with To Do Lists. They are kinda the same. You have to accomplish something. But then you get to cross it off the list, not reassess and reset it. Crossing off is much more satisfying. But it is the New Year, and New Year's To Do List just doesn't have the same ring. So I set a goal.

I'm not exactly sure what it means. You have to live life before you hit the ground or melt? or get made into a snowball or plowed out of the way? Or are we all unique individuals are just drifting at the mercy of the winds?

I stole it from Dr Charles http://scienceblogs.com/drcharles/

go ask him what it means!

Whatever, it's pretty!

Happy New Year!